Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Covering: The Cure

I used to idolize Robert Smith when I was a high schooler. I mean, I drew pictures of him in my notebooks, I listened to "Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me" over and over, I dreamed of being Mrs. Robert Smith when I grew up--crazy for them. Fast forward two decades--I have no idea where those notebooks went, I'm not even sure where my KM3 tape went, and I'm gay. Still, I digs me some Cure. So do these people.

Here's a surprisingly faithful rendition of Just Like Heaven from overly-eyelinered AFI:

Did you see who's in the audience? How f*cking rock star--and weird--to perform a tune for the dude that made it famous.

Tori Amos just kicks holy ass with her covers--here's her doing Lovesong:

The sound quality isn't 100%, but the hilarious anime and stock-art couples this clipflipper used to make this video are worth sharing with y'all.

And some bitch named Cassie Davis doing Boys Don't Cry:

Look everyone--the lovechild of Avril Lavigne and Gwen Stefani! Yowch. Let's cleanse our aural palates, shall we?

I dare you to dispute the kickassedness of Ben F*cking Folds doing In Between Days:

I stood with my hands on the state at HORDE, a big concert fest, about 15 years ago, when it was still Ben Folds Five and before he was big. He sweated on me. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment